FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:12 am
The Weekly Flyer
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Originally Posted by TerryK
I echo your sentiment although I am batting better than 50/50. I think it will benefit everyone by making this a preference item for Plats. If a Plat could indicate 500 points as his/her preference, than the hotels don't even need to ask about the choice and the 500 points should always post.
This is already the case. When I check in the hotels usually say "I see you are a platinum and I see you would like the points, we'll have those added".

Following my stay the regular points post within the week, and about 50/50 the plat amenity points are posted. I then proceed to accumulate a few dates then send the customerservice@starwood an email. The responses from here are less than consistent. I've had responses of we'll add the points all the way to removing a stay because I checked in at 12:31AM. Which further creates things for me to chase down....Its a never ending cycle and getting very frustrating.