FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FYI: Zurich security fasttrack for C and F
Old Apr 18, 2006, 6:40 am
Threy
Suspended

Originally Posted by airoli
Ahem, as I am somewhat involved with that particular project , I can say that there was some initial confusion as to who is entitled to use the priority lanes, both among pax and staff. Now, at least during peak times, there should be an airport rep. in front of all those priority lanes checking passengers' boarding passes.

The official policy is "Business and First Class pax only". However, when there are not too many C and F pax in line already, the airport rep. has some leeway to admit status holders and/or Y pax on tight connections as well. But this is never a "right", but merely a courtesy that should not be calculated into the time from lounge to gate.
Could you please define the "somewhat involved" ?

Maybe you could recommend to buy a cheap ticket to DUS and look how they set up the security lines for the A Terminal, which is used by LH/*, same in MUC...

Perfect ( without showing too much local patriotism ) would not come close.

Waiting times, even on a monday morning, for a * Gold ( 1-2 own security line ) is hardly 2 minutes, waiting time for C/FTL is hardly 5 minutes while Y has to wait a little longer

Modern airports have done studies about stress curves and waiting in a line creates the most stress for a pax. Ironically they are also correlations between the level of comfort and the willingness to spend money at the airport ( I think MUC T2 is a picture perfect example )

Since airports will have to shift their revenue even more from the airline side to the passenger side, I can only hope that ZRH will enter the 21st century and do not fight with airlines who should pay the student/half time employee that gets € 5-8 per hour to control the flow of pax into the X-ray stations...

As pointed out earlier, the pax are paying a ludicrous amount of money just to use an airport...