FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No hot towel
Thread: No hot towel
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2006, 2:53 pm
theworld

No hot towel

Just spent the weekend in London and am now back in Jersey. Flew CE for the first time in a few months for the long weekend.

Was not overly impressed with the service I have to admit.

Way out I was on the morning red-eye (and I did have red eyes are a result of a long drinking session the night before and very little sleep).

Was only in the lounge for 5 minutes when we were called to board. Lounge people were the first to board, so we had to wait for everyone else to board (normally lounge people in JER are the last to board). On the plane, once everyone on board cabin staff chatting amongst themselves.

Normally they would offer to take your coat and offer you a hot towel. Neither of these were done. It wasn't even as if CE was busy (there were only about 4 pax).

Food was given with a drink (hot breakfast, was actually not bad). That was the last I saw off the cabin staff until they picked up my plate.

On the way back, again same situation, no hot towel or taking your coat. Again only a few pax in CE. Again served food and drinks and that was it.

On previous occasions the service has been better (sorry to bang on about this, but coats were taken and hot towels were given).

However I have to say was a record going through security at LGW, less than five minutes.