FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy tickets online from NWA.com ??
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2006, 11:44 am
kurz

KLM reservations is another way around

Originally Posted by Doug_1970
When I try to book the ticket on NWA, it won't accept my postcode and directs me to select my country. When I do this it just opens up the KLM.com site and charges me £30 more with 75% less points
Buying a ticket from the NorthWest website in February 2006 I faced the same problem. I wanted to book a return from JFK - AMS at NorthWest.com. I have an 2nd address in NYC but I hold an Amex card that is issued in Europe. I could not complete the booking. NorthWest.com wouldn’t accept my non-US Amex card.

I called KLM reservations in Amsterdam. The KLM agent was aware of the problem and booked me the JFK to AMS return. I got exactly the NorthWest.com price. Moreover she waived the usual extra fee for not booking via the website.

Originally Posted by KRS
I've done this a few times as well (both with UK and Norwegian issues cards) for KLM flights. Works like a charm; I guess there is no validation on the postcode
The clever way around this is booking via the Canadian option at the NWA website. Can anyone confirm what KRS mentions, i.e. that the Canadian option at the NWA website works with non-US credit cards?