FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LX and AA, any change in treatment in ZRH ?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:46 am
Volvic

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Question LX and AA, any change in treatment in ZRH ?

Hi all,
I'm looking for a the last bit of information before doing a sort of BA 'tier point' run with AA.

Starting point:
after a lot of years I'll be back to the USA for business reasons and I'd like to maximize the number of tier points I could sqeeze out of this flight. Initially I planned something all with BA and I got a lot of info in the BA forum (if interested please refer to my initial question ). When I tried to finalize it I discovered I can not without doubling or more the price and you can imagine my boss simply told 'no way'. My travel agent for once earned her fee whem she informed me of an 'illogical' promotion/rate. It seems there's a business class fare more or less based only on AA mileage (mix of EU hub and maximum mileage, 13K ?) so that I could pay less and get a lot more BA tier points if I fly with AA via ZRH.

I know, I'll loose the EU-US flights ( ) but I could attach a lot of short F flights (permitted in this price) to fully compensate and even gain more BA tier points. ^ ^ ^

The trick seems to be working only via ZRH and here I see two things.

I can use the CHUSA promotion to top my old and sleeping AA account with a nice 20K miles, which it's a nice surprise but I must pass via ZRH and after the LX move to *A, I'm a bit concerned:
the feeder fligth to ZRH is AA coded but still operated by LX
the possibility to miss a connection is anyway to be considered and I feel better if the two airlines are more or less in 'friendly' terms.

My search showed a lot of entries but they were quite old, from 2004 and it was funny to read about future expectations of LX in OW.

Any recent experience (April 2006) of AA and LX via ZRH ?