FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VUSA - cheap domestic flying in the US
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2006, 7:10 pm
MADflyer

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold
Originally Posted by danielb
Thanks again Madflyer for replying. Not sure I follow you on all those abbreviations though. Care to elaborate? Thanks!
Yes, welcome to flyertalk. I didnt really look at your number of posts before but you will quickly get used to abreviations on this site.

All Airlines have a 2 letter code which precedes the flight numbers but may be on another companies plane if it is a codeshare. SK=SAS, AY=Finnair, US=USair, UA=United, LH=Lufthansa) I stated only Malasian MH as it wouldnt typically come to mind for a flight from ARN (Arlanda) to JFK one of the three airports that come up with the airport code NYC. US starts flying in june to PHL or Philadelphia but I stated that you get better fares if you actually do not stop there but transfer on to another city like DCA which is one of three airports in WAS or Washington DC.

The posibilities are really endless and if you do not post an actual date for travel it is not easy to discuss actual fares. That is what the web is great for. If you search around here you will find many sites people use to assist them such as www.itasoftware.com where they have a nice airfare search engine.