FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - old Song Planes Headed to Jax
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:38 am
TravelWeary
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
So lets just cut out ALL F seats on flights less than a hour. I am sure that is how Delta can one up the compeitition. Hell Why offer the service at all? For someone who is Tall it actually makes a BIG difference including priortity boarding and a drink. If not Why not buy a coach ticket to ATL and then pay for the BE from ATL internationally? I am sure Tallahassee Has TONS of more Business travellers than JAx. As mentioned before...Delta is DOING everything they can to discourage Business flyers (esp int'l) from flying Delta.

No more connections through FLL. No more Connections through JFK and now no more F to Jax.

Everyone other airline is eating up the routes.
I hear you, but my perspective is different, plus I'm only 5'7". First, there is no real competition out of TLH as evidenced by our horrible fares. Only once in a year of quite frequent travel have I flown anything but DL and often inconveniently--the options just aren't there except a smattering of NW and US flights. For personal travel, I sometimes drive to JAX to save a good chunk of money. Second, my flights are usually very early--like 6 a.m., so the drink is not important to me. Mind you I'll be first in line later in the day. And, third, and most important to me, is that I have been able to get an exit row seat on every flight out of here in coach--and I can't usually book business travel particularly early. Early boarding has never been very important to me, but I know many people feel differently.

So, although I am happy to get F when I can, I would rather see a fare reduction or better schedules. Since my move a year ago from flying out of SEA, this place has been a real eye-opener for me. I was just plain spoiled in options and conveniences by comparison.