FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many airlines did you fly that no longer exist?
Old Apr 8, 2006, 2:53 am
stut
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Dan Air - some, umm, memorable NCL-LGW flights with attempts at a full meal service that resulted in hot food being snatched from under you as it took them so long to get it ready.

Balkan Bulgarian - GLA-VAR, referred to as the 'vulgar Bulgar' by GLA ground staff. Horrible Tu154 with bread rolls that were frankly a security threat, given their hardness.

Air UK - CDG-NCL on an F27 with a stop at the hut-era STN for refuelling.

SABENA - the 'P&G express' NCL-BRU service in a tiny EMB120 with the cockpit door permanently open, and the most miserable cabin crew in Belgium.

Gill Airways - lovely flights, again ex-NCL. Sad to see them go.

Jersey European - now part of 'secret' LCC flyBE, but had a couple of nice LCY-EDI flights with them.

British Island Airways - rather glad these guys have gone. I particularly remember a MAH-NCL charter in one of the least comfy BAC1-11s in existence. Due to headwinds, we hadn't enough fuel to reach NCL, so landed at LGW. On landing, we were informed that one of the engines was faulty, and that we'd glided half the way in. Eek!

Ansett - one flight, CNS-ASP. Amazing flight over the outback, and the same price as the back-breaking bus journey on the same route.

British Caledonian - my first flight, from GLA down south!

Maersk Air - cheapie from LGW-CPH to connect to a GL flight to SFJ.

Go - another cheapie STN-BIO. On the way back, they re-seated me as I couldn't actually physically fit my legs in the one I'd been allocated.