FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strike!
Thread: Strike!
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:25 am
stowaway

I was supposed to fly from Kristiansund to Brussels yesterday. I made it to Oslo on a different flight and was rebooked to fly this morning. Flight to BRU on SAS was cancelled this morning (stupid me I should have just abandoned SAS yesterday evening and gone for another airline). Oslo airport yesterday had lots of stranded passengers. SAS were handing out hotel vouchers but I think that a lot of people spent the night in the departures area (there were still lots of people in line at SAS or hanging around at 11pm).

This morning was even more chaotic. After checking out at my hotel, finding out my SAS flight was cancelled and rebooking (to LH) I got back to the hotel to get into the room I had just checked out of...! So if the LH flight doesn't have any problems I should have a total delay of about 21hrs. And then I am still lucky to be a corporate flyer which made rebooking a lot easier through a travel agent.

This must be costing SAS so much money. They have lost my revenue on their non completed flights and will get a claim for my hotel charge 2200 NOK, my dinner and my new flights of GBP 800. And if they get claims for all those thousands of passenger it will hurt.

This is the second time this has happened with SAS in the last couple of months and if I can avoid flying them in the future I will...