FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:53 pm
leejeffrey

Programs: Onepass Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Worldperks, AAdvantage
Arrow Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia [Master Thread]

I have not seen many posts on this hotel so I thought I would share my recent experience. I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights during the last week of March. I am Starwood Gold and upon check I was upgraded to a full ocean view room with a nice fruit plate. The Hotel itself is brand new and has an impressive entry. The rooms are a good size and include nice extras such as toothbrushes, mouthwash, LCD televisons, separate shower and tubs, DVD Players, etc. This has the potential to be a top notch hotel, but comes accoss as only a nice hotel. The hallways have a musty odor from not running the a/c. In addition the concierge is not well informed on tours in the area. We asked several question and recieved many incorrect answere. We asked about things like if lockers would be available for taking a camera on a snorkel tour. We were told no, but upon arrival we saw 3 different places with lockers. I thought the service was very good natured, just inefficient. This hotel had one of the highest butt-kissing factors of any hotel I have ever stayed. You could not walk into the hotel without being greeted at least 3 times with an accomanying bow. We ate at the hotel restaurant several times. I would highly reccomend, however they have a montly buffet theme in the hotel that remains the same each night. It would be nice to get a little more variety. The lounge has 3 chinese girls singing American standards in the evenings. They are pleasnt enough to listen to. However, they have a limited repertoire and if you are there more than hour or two, you might start hearing them repeat themselves. I am not down on this hotel, I am more frustrated by its inability to achieve its full potential as one of the nicest hotels in Malaysia. For the money...$