FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stay in my apt with cats in Manhattan 4/19-4/23?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 2:36 pm
BettyKat

Programs: ALLLLLLL of them. Well, most...
Stay in my apt with cats in Manhattan 4/19-4/23?

Been looking around on craig's list but nothing...also posted something there before my last big trip in November to Rome but no response...so figured I'd try Flyertalk!

Going to London for work. Have friends that live in the building who can cat sit but the cats get very lonely if they don't have folks here overnight, playing with them, loving them, etc. I guess what I'm looking for is a normal person who can travel on short notice, wants a free place to stay in Manhattan...and loves cats!

Leaving April 19 and returning April 23, so ideally you could come and go on those days also (or leave April 22). One bedroom, 9th floor, 24 hour doorman, UES apartment. Yes, I have references--yes, I would want some from you, just to be safe. I haven't done this with a stranger before but the friend in the building (who is a lawyer) suggested a refundable security deposit...open to other ideas.

Not looking for any money and don't want to be referred to anyone who wants money--just figured I could make a "win win" happen with someone here...

Regards,
Katherine

Edited to add a P.S.: Fellow New Yorkers may have a relative visiting then who could stay? I'm thinking the ideal candidate is your mom--you don't have room for her in your apartment-type thing, she can cook her own food and be out of your hair, she'd have some animal companions...