FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NY GAYLA - SAVE THE DATE June 8-10, 2007
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:36 pm
FlyBalletGuy

Programs: Priceline Titanium
NY GAYLA - SAVE THE DATE June 8-10, 2007

NYC GAYLA CENTRAL

I've wanted to return the hospitality since the PHL do, but even more so after the PSP one. How about "A Weekend of Culture and Decadence" in May 2007? I know it's far off but it doesn't conflict with PSP or FLL that way. Would Memorial Day be better or worse for people's schedules?

Following GoodKarmaGuy's excellent formula, how about:

Schedule UPDATED 5/3/07

Friday, June 8, 2007

Friday pre-decadence culture. Meet at MoMA for Target Fridays. It's Free!

Friday night drinks - Drinks TBA.

After hours bar-hopping in the East-Village hosted by rchavez (because your host knows squat from diddly about East Village bars)

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday afternoon at leisure, but there will be informal groups, picnicking, shopping and going to museums.

Saturday dinner at Pam Real Thai Encore - Good neighborhood Thai in Hells Kitchen, reasonably priced. This will be family style and prepaid.

Saturday 10 pm Burlesque show at the Zipper Theater (Hell's Kitchen) with the incomparable Wau Wau (pronounced "Vow Vow") Sisters. I'm not sure what these biologically female goddesses will do this time; the last thing I saw was a heavy metal semi-religious quasi-lesbian striptease aerial act. In school uniforms. With stigmata. Check 'em out for yourselves - http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
This will be a one hour show - general admission is $25 but we have a group discount of $20 - if 15 or more people attend it will be $15! This will be prepaid.

Saturday post-dinner Hells Kitchen bar survey, once again hosted by rchavez, because your host has Jewish liver and falls asleep after half a glass of wine.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Brunch in Chinatown. Dim sum at Ping's Seafood.

Optional - but since ballet is what I do (presently I review ballet and dance performances in NYC, nationally and internationally - the travel is what brought me to Flyertalk), I'd be happy to bring a group to New York City Ballet to this program at 3pm if there's interest. http://www.nycballet.com/ticketing_i.../s07/ebal.html Cheap seats are all of $15.

Drinks send-off at 6pm. Not sure where yet, but someplace swank! Drink a $17 martini as a souvenir of New York and admire the view.

UPDATED 5/22/07

Who intends to join us

Yes

FlyBalletGuy
dek +1
Stsebastian
Bluesincenew
Peteropny +1
iluvparis
jockdaaddy
goodkarmaguy
awc4