FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Difference between Mile Saver Peak and Aanytime??
Old Mar 27, 2006, 9:32 am
blase

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Difference between Mile Saver Peak and Aanytime??

Ok - I need some help - I originally thought that in order to only "cost" 90000 miles for first/business class to Europe I would need to fly during the off-season, either before May 15 or after September 15, because this time was considered "off-peak". But then upon looking closer at the award chart, I realized that there WASN'T any off-peak difference for first/business class awards, only the difference between 40000 and 60000 miles if you were flying Economy. So... then I was thinking "cool, for 90000 miles it doesn't matter what time of year I fly since the awards start at 90000 miles for Mile Saver Peak." (which to me Peak would include the high season - namely, summer)

But when I put in some hypothetical dates during this July (I'm not planning on going til next July), it says I need 180,000 miles to complete this travel, and I only have 94,000 right now so that's not enough. However when I go in and put October dates in, it does say that the 90000 miles is enough.

So - how do you know when it's a Mile Saver time or not?? I mean, should I assume that I can't travel first/business class in the summer because I don't have enough miles??