FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Vina Del Mar Chile [Master Thread]
Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:42 am
JoePilot

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat (3 MM), Marriott Plat.
Nice Hotel, But Far from the best!

Just stayed here 2 weeks ago, for 2 nights, and as a Platinum member, the arrival clerk offered to upgrade us to "the best room available"......CAUTION..... this did not mean anything, as we got a nice room, but facing the road/ocean...at the end of the building. I wasn't happy as it was very noisy and for a hotel at 20% occupency.....just plain stupid on their part! I asked for a quieter room, got one ocean front, smaller, but better view and much quieter, although no balcony furniture on any balconies.

Asked at checkin if there was an executive floor or lounge, told no. However there IS an executive floor, but no lounge....guy just didnt recognize Platinum could get that type upgrade. The next day asked different clerk about those rooms and told they would upgrade us, but didnt take them up on it as we had already un packed and all.....wasnt that big a deal, just wanted to clarify the point. That agent also said we should have be given a welcome drink coupon at checkin as Platinum members, and because of the non-upgrade and no drink coupons they'd send a bottle of champagne to the room....again not asked for by me. Funny thing at check out that champagne showed up on the bill.....but was promptly removed at my direction.

The breakfast buffet was great, lounge was nice and lobby immaculant. Lots of security, actually as there was virtually no one there, we had the place alone almost.

Staff is very new....Sheraton did a poor job training them on SPG program, room maintance issues, dry cleaning ,etc....but I'm sure they will learn over time. Several people very friendly, smiles galore everywhere....but not very well trained, thats only issue I had with the place.

I'd recommend the location, but if Gold or Platinum.......print out your reservation ahead of time and ask for a room on the Executive Floor where you get the best views and a nice jacuzzi bath from what I understand. @:-)