FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 18, 2006, 9:04 am
SethLevy
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Hotel Has Declined!

Originally Posted by AlexB
777:

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I realize most people have been treated well at this property, which made it all the more frustrating not to be.

I will contact GP Customer Service about this, as you recommend.
I too have noticed a declined in this hotel on recent stays. The physical aspects are just plain run down. Receipt of diamond amenity is hit or miss. RC staff attitude has gone done. The Manager Mike Grey is seldom at the hotel and does not respond to issues in a timely manner. RC is small and very crowed. Little is done to assist early arriving guests. RC check-in staff are seldom at their desk. Check-out in main lobby is very slow.

I recently stayed at the Marriott Park Lane. Told them of my recent experiences at the Hyatt Churchill. Was upgraded to suite and club level. Given the card of the general manager and encourage to contact him when I would be visiting the hotel so he could "ensure my comfort".

One note, upon arriving for my second stay at the Marriott Park Lane, I called from the airport (arrivig at 8 am) was told by the front desk, no problem, your room will be ready by the time you get here. Guess what, it was and I was again upgraded. The rooms are new, the beeds great.

Until the Churchill is fully renovated, I wold advise others to give the Marriott a try.