FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to and Questions Concerning Connecting thru HNL & other Hawai`i airports
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:40 am
BJMKE

Programs: DL, NW, UA, YX
Question

How about going the other way? I've booked my whole family of 4 on 3 different airlines, but all for free on May 28. The first 2 will bring the bags and get in 2+hours early (AA and UA from ORD), but the last 2 will be coming first class on NW from MSP and getting in at 310. We are connecting to Island Air to Kappalua at 435. Will it be close - how long to connect in this direction? Would they hold the flight in case of delays since it is the last of the day to JHM?

I just looked and saw that they do now have web check in...would that make things a little easier, or not really with checking bags anyway?

Also, does UA or AA interline with them? When I called to check, the agents weren't sure at all...they were very confused about any island air, and one was confused about interlining...

How full are the HNL-JHM flights likely to be?

I'm not too concerned, but my family is - good news is we're all young and in shape...so we can hike it if needed!

Thanks!