FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Reston, Virginia 2005 onward [Master Thread]
Old Mar 16, 2006, 8:04 pm
wizzy

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My last comments for a while, as I'm headed back to the Hyatt.

Two stays this week, one night each. Monday night I was given a 2-room suite on the 2nd floor, a long ways from the reception desk. It wrapped behind the elevators on the "other" side of the building. Both rooms were narrow, and the carpet/furnishings in the living room area seemed pretty dingy. The light switch in the bedroom didn't control anything, so I had to feel around for a few minutes to find a light to turn on. Same with the bathroom.

Last night, arrived late (> 10pm) and overheard someone in line in front of me being told that they could honor his K reservation, and that he'd been given 2 doubles. Gave him 1000 points to make up for it. I was a bit worried, but my room was a K on the "close" side of the building (the one above the reception desk) next to the service elevator. Not on the club floor, but they were sold out.

I continually had issues with the key cards at this hotel. I think that the readers in the doors are old. The lounge took 5-6 tries to open, and my room took more than 1 as well.

One word of caution about the shuttle. It does leave every half hour, but depending on the crowd, it can take a while to get to your destination. On Tuesday the 7:30am shuttle got me to my desk my 7:45am. This morning, the same shuttle took 20 minutes longer (8:05) because it was packed. Fortunately the person I was meeting with at 8:00 was also delayed, so it worked out.