FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:35 pm
RMC500

I was at the Park Hyatt last month and would add the following comments. The property, IMO, is equivalent to a 5-star in the U.S. As a Diamond, both my wife and I received a free full buffet breakfast each morning in the virtually empty Cafe Arabesque (which would otherwise cost about $30 USD per person). Not sure why SanDiego 1K was limited to a continental. Also, you can select a free paper to be delivered to your room each day, such as USA Today or International Tribune, etc. As described by others on TripAdvisor, the rooms are designed in an unusal and impractical way in one respect- the bathrooms are virtually open to the other areas of the room - this was the one feature I did not like. Otherwise, they remind me in some respects to the Park Hyatt in Moscow. There are tons of staff on the premises, all of whom are friendly and helpful. Cost of computer in business center was 74 AEDs per 30 minutes - very expensive. Hotel is a short ride from airport (perhaps 10 minutes, even in heavy traffic). Ride is free, of course, in both directions if you fly in on Emirates. IMO, the best location is building one (I think there are 4 or 5 buildings in all), which is connected to restaurants, spa, swimming pool, lobby, etc, and try for the top floor (5th) facing north towards the yacht club and downtown Dubai. Great views. Views to the south of bldg. one, and to some degree from the others, are not as good or that appealing. You can see the Grand Hyatt several miles away to the south (on opposite side of creek) ; altho I haven't stayed at Grand, the Park seems to be in a much better location. As you might expect in Dubai, food, drinks (and the cost of the rooms) at this property are on the pricy side. However, I would still choose this property when I return on another trip.