FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dress code in airport lounges. Anyone ever booted?
Old Mar 4, 2006, 6:54 pm
jyatlantic

I posted something similar to this in the LH thread, regarding the LH FCT. Since that is the most premium of lounges, and folks have still showed up in t-shirts/jeans/track suits/etc..., I presume that you cannot be booted from a lounge for dress.

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
One of my posts and some of the responses in the "Cheater/Security Line" thread had me wondering about something. Is there really a dress code at airport lounges. This link to the RCC T&C says, "Customers must dress in keeping with good taste and in consideration of the Club atmosphere and its membership." Do they really have a dress code, or is this just put in there in case there's an extreme situation where they have to kick out someone. (Like someone looking and smelling like bum like a guy in one of the early "Airline" episodes.)

From what I've gathered, t-shirts, jeans, shorts, and sandals are obviously allowed. A sweat suit is allowed too. (While I was comfortable with a Metallica shirt and jeans, I was too embarassed to wear sweat pants and an old t-shirt, but I guess some people do it.) What is not allowed? Are tank tops, sports bras, daisy dukes, swimming trunks allowed? Has anyone ever seen anyone kicked out of a lounge for inproper attire.