FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BEWARE: SWISS strictly enforces cabin baggage allowance
Old Feb 28, 2006, 2:54 pm
Oceanrider

Programs: AA EXP/2.5MM SPG
Flew today and was confronted on both my and Mrs. Oceanrider's carry ons. Surprisingly, this happened at ticketing, not at the gate Mine, which I have been using 10+ years on many Swiss flights is slightly oversized. Based on events in the past year I carry a foldable bag inside it for just such an event. The look on the supervisor's face when I opened my rollaway to pull out a smaller bag was pricless. She then had to figure out a way to get my rollaway to ZUR after already sending my large bags out to MIA. Apparently, that took some effort.

Mrs. Oceanrider was also confronted and made to attempt to place her (legal sized) bag in the impossibly small metal size tester. Needless to say, it did not have a chance of fitting and there was a lot of clucking about it having to be checked. Not to be outdone, she pulled out a copy of the page from Swiss' magazine dealing with carry on limits together with a tape measure.

The supervisor immediately granted her boarding with the bag.

Tomorrow we fly AA. We don't expect any problems there.