View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 06, 7:58 pm
MADflyer

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold
Originally Posted by kjsaw
DL in cattle class, of which I have only memories of awful pitch

On a tangent, anyone got experience with CO on ARN -EWR? I have never been on a 757, and am not looking forward to it. Think i can get an EBG status match to one pass and hope for an opup?
The 767(763) DL route to ATL has 32pitch in Y making it the same as SK but of course is only of interest if conecting to southern or western USA. Would be good in winter as I recall my last DL to ARN in F when all the florida connections did not make it due to weather and the aircraft traveled to ARN with 2 in F and 6 in Y along with at least 8 FAs. DL had quite a few of those former PA(pan Am) FAs that were somewhat industry legends.

The problem with status on SkyTeam on US routes is that there are so many of them and the 757 only has 16 seats in F. When you put all the CO, DL and NW elites together that is quite a crowd. On my last IAH to LGW there must have been 80% elites and they bumped over 30 pax for example. That was on a 777 at least with 48 Business F seats. Even getting an aisle on the 757 can be tough with the 3/3 configuration.

While I loved the 757 back in the 80s when EA added them I am not nearly as fond of them longer and definately not for TAs. That said I do like all the added competition and hope it keeps SK on their toes.