FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Hauppauge - Long Island, NY [Master Thread]
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:18 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Ahh yes the famous sheet wavers

I have had similar experiences in hotels and one comes to mind last year at a Hyatt.
Just to let you know it’s not limited to Starwood properties
I was extended a late checkout as a Diamond through 4 PM.
The Housekeeper planned on leaving at or before 4PM .She became quite angry and vocally upset. I could hear her cussing me out with her fellow team members well into the dining and living room of the suite

I returned from a meeting and the house keeping cart is parked next to my door blocking entry.
Upon my return from lunch I gathered my things opened the door and she was seated on the hallway floor propped up against the cart glaring at me......It's about time: rolleyes:

The other was at an Embassy Suites. She fell asleep in the hallway
Upside is she left her cart around the corner from my door along with her snoozing.At least she wasn't snoring
Don't think any of these folks are big fans of late check out!

I'll take the sheet waving gal who chants "leaving".Just wave her away.
These folks have one of the hardest jobs in a hotel and are amongst the least appreciated.They have a lot of rooms to clean and a limited amount of time to do it in.....
Moral of the story yep use the Do Not Disturb sign and hope for the best.
Though to warn you I have been barged in on before in nothing more then my birthday suit with the sign engaged on the door
No one ever said being a road warrior would be easy.