FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Upgrade Fee? Weird- Bad day of flying..
Old Feb 27, 2006, 1:13 pm
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Peatisback
The only time premium tagging worked out well was on QF in my pre-elite/pre-FT days. Apparently the minimum connection time does not take into account that in BNE you clear immigration/customs, then take a train, with your bags, to the domestic terminal about a mile away. I was stressing about missing my onward flight, so I jumped in the shortest line, which happened to be the J line. The agent was super-helpful: she quickly put me on the next flight which was only 40 mins. away, gave me an exit row seat on the 767, and premium tagged my bag. It was the first bag out.
1. It is more likely that your bag was first out because it was last in. Were bags 2-100 all equipped with Orange Tags?

2. The only places that I have seen the Orange Tag work are outside the U.S.

3. Never, ever, under any circumstances let anyone put an orange tag on your bags if that bag will be at JFK - either originating, connecting, or terminating. It is an invitation to the baggage handlers, who seem to have periodic spats with AA management, to "enhance" your luggage experience.