FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Upgrade Fee? Weird- Bad day of flying..
Old Feb 27, 06, 12:22 pm
Peatisback

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Top Tier, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I'm also in agreement that the orange tags really don't do that much for you. I've had agents refuse to put them on both when flying in J and in Y as a PLT (I only have asked when flying internationally). It didn't seem to make a difference- sometimes my bag was one of the first out ahead of the orange tagged bags, other times I had to wait.

The only time premium tagging worked out well was on QF in my pre-elite/pre-FT days. Apparently the minimum connection time does not take into account that in BNE you clear immigration/customs, then take a train, with your bags, to the domestic terminal about a mile away. I was stressing about missing my onward flight, so I jumped in the shortest line, which happened to be the J line. The agent was super-helpful: she quickly put me on the next flight which was only 40 mins. away, gave me an exit row seat on the 767, and premium tagged my bag. It was the first bag out. Oh and if you ever lose access to a lounge, try the showers at BNE for a real interesting experience.