FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAngel Magic???
Thread: AAngel Magic???
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:44 am
TiteG4

Programs: AA EXP
Talking AAngel Magic???

I took Flight 20 (SFO-JFK) last pm. My 100/72/24/4 hr UG window did not clear, but I was told by the check-in agent that I was the first EXP on the waitlist. EF seatmap showed 3 empty J seats at 3 hours out.

I did not hear my name called by the GA and did not feel it was appropriate to ask, given the 10+people in line for standby. I thought they sold the last 3 Js and pretty much resigned myself to sit in the back (with a bento box from the UA terminal). After I settled in the seat for 5 minutes, there was a PA announcement for another EXP to report to the J section . So, I called the EXP desk with the intention of asking if they had any record of my waitlist status at check-in. I realize that they have no contral over gate upgrade.

While on the phone with the AAngel, the GA came to my seat to hand me a new boarding pass for 7C . I know EXP AAngel had nothing to do with the 'in-seat' upgrade, but I won't hesitate to use them as good luck charms in the future.

I had just gotten off CX872 from HKG in F (part of the circle-pac fare) and I don't think my system could have taken sitting in a transcon AA Y BTW, the service in J was excellent (lucked out again due to EXP AAngel?). The REAL sundae is back ^ (with whipped cream, fudge, strawberry and all). Unfortunately, the wetnaps and the 2-dollar earphones stay.