FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BEWARE: SWISS strictly enforces cabin baggage allowance
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:33 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Where has the common marketing sense gone ?

There is no such industry which can disappoint its loyal high value customers. Or may some airlines be the exception?

Flying the new style "full service" airline (LX) becomes increasingly unpleasant:

- First we are bothered at check in and later at the gate about the 8 kg rule (weight, less than size seems to be their focus - probably they want us to buy new lighter notebooks - are they Sony Vaio shareholders now?)

- Then we are left hungry in business class with no hot food at main meal times on more than 90 minutes flights.

- All this to face then a new frequent flyer program, where TCGM become "Senators" even if not having flown LX for 12 month - including 2 e-vouchers thrown in. (I was stupid enough to qualify)

- Add to this the confusion about the new booking classes (a I class ticket bought in 2005 is recognized by their computer as "award" - the system not changes automatically to J class, which involves lengthy phone calls to the always pleasant BSL call center.)

Frustrated ?

SO WHY SHOULD WE NOT TRY THE LOW COST CARRIERS?