Thread: Oyster Card
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2006, 8:50 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by johnlw
On his web site , Rick Steves mentions that you can turn in your Oyster card at any tube station and receive the balance plus the £3.00 deposit back in cash.

I can find no mention of this on the TfL web site. Is it true? I never know when I might return to London, so I would like to get the £££ back when I leave.

Edited to add:

Well, I just found this on TfL. How onerous for visitors. Guess I'll be sticking with the one-day Travelcards.

Question:

I no longer need my Oyster card. How can I get a refund of my unused ticket or travel value and my £3 deposit (if applicable)?

Answer:

Please send your Oyster card, with a covering letter to:

Oyster Ticketing and Refunds, 55 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BD

Please let us know if you've changed your details, so we can be sure to send any refunds to the right address.

For all other enquiries concerning refunds, please telephone Oyster Ticketing and Refunds on 0845 330 9881.

Alternatively, please take your Oyster card to a Tube station ticket office and they will explain what you need to do to get a refund.

The London Heathrow Tube station information people have twice told me that the Oyster card refunds are only done by mail. (That doesn't work so well for those who don't have a mailing address in the UK.)