FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speak up when you can help!!!
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2006, 5:52 pm
ThroughATL2Much

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL MM, BA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Angry Speak up when you can help!!!

Was at CAE (Columbia, SC) and a military type (Army I assume) was checking in before me ( I let him go in front of me from the Y line because I was in the Medallion line and had plenty of time). In the speak with the agent, I heard he was in-active military had a ticket on DL connecting with AA....military vouchers of some sort.....but after weighing the bags, one of the bags was 53 pounds (3 pounds over) while his other bag was 27 pounds. Total of 80 pounds. Instead of the agent saying please put 3 pounds from the heavier bag into the lighter bag, she said "You are overweight." It will cost you $25 dollars. The kid looked young and didn't seem like he travelled much.

The service guy whipped out the cash.

I was standing in line and almost pooed/soiled myself. I then accidently dropped something and muffled to the guy he should move 3 pounds to the other bag. He looked at me and seemed to say "Can I do that
?" I nodded yes. He asked the check-in agent and she asked him to move to the side.

Please, if you ever see someone you can give some advice to to make their life easier when travelling....please do so.

I have been flying in/out of CAE a lot the last 4 months and am going to take it up with the station manager if the board deems it unfair agents try to swindle their customers this way.

Am I out of line?

Last edited by ThroughATL2Much; Feb 26, 2006 at 6:54 am Reason: Typo and bolding