FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Record Locators for the Same Family-Bad
Old May 4, 2002, 3:36 pm
RobertS975

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Multiple Record Locators for the Same Family-Bad

We have discussed the problems that can be associated with different record locators for parties travelling together. Another example: A couple of days ago, called SMS to book a PVD-SAN trip in June to see beloved Red Sox play in California. I booked a PM upgrade, wife upgraded on a NAMU and two children with FC SkySaver awards. Gave credit card for all including award tickets. I am on one record, the wife on another and the award tix on a third record. Seats selected etc. Done deal, right?
Was checking itins on the web today, and no June 19 trip showed on the list. Called SMS, and the wife was ticketed normally as were the children's award seats, but my record locator never showed as ticketed, and of course, the reservation had timed out. SMS restored it quickly and painlessly.

Attempting to dissect what happened, the only answer can be that my itin never got ticketed in the mess of jumping from record to record to select seats etc.

DL Technology needs to develop the following capability: Ticket an entire party travelling together on a single record locator, and simply split out a separate line for each ticket dealing with form of payment, use of vouchers, type of upgrade etc. I know the people working at the reservations centers would love this! So would we passengers!

Russ, please try to find out the "why not" for this proposal and let us know. Thanks.