FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any lounge access in DUB for PLT on W fare?
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:19 pm
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brie
gemac, I thought that an international intinerary (or, rather, not wholly domestic within the US by AA's somewhat tortured definition of domestic) with the next leg on a OW carrier was sufficient. I didn't think that you actually needed to arrive on a OW carrier. (Have I got this wrong?)

Also, I'm pretty sure that you don't need to arrive and depart on the same day, but you can only access the OW lounge on the departure day. I'm not sure whether a layover from 22:00 to 6:00 the next day would give you access at 22:00....I'd like to think that this would be viewed as a same day sort of thing, but then I tend not to think like a bureaucrat
Yeah, I guess I was concentrating too much on what we were discussing and not the general case. Seemed like we were discussing coming in on AA, long layover, and departing on OW carrier (international not specified). The key seems to be that you are flying internationally that day, and you are not at your stopover point.