FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Catering - what's Air NZ serving these days?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:51 pm
WellingtonFF

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
Originally Posted by ajnz
Just had this on 21/02 AKL-PER in business (763).

Lunch

STARTER
Sugar cured and seared tuna with chilli kelp seasoning, papaya and witloof salad, coriander creme fraiche.

(I didn't have this as I don't do seafood, but a colleague said it was very good - he had his and mine).

MAIN COURSE
Mustard and macadamia nut eye fillet of beef, sauteed courgette, mushroom and potato, thyme infused mushroom cream.

(I had the beef; very good, but just 30% too small.)

Lemon caramelised snapper, gourmet potatoes, roasted tomato and rocket salad with vanilla saffron aioli.

Sage and fig confit of chicken thigh, parsnip puree, manuka glazed bok choy and rosemary chicken jus.

DESSERT
Green grape brulee tart with wild walnut caramel praline.
(This was excellent)

Gourmet ice cream dessert of blackcurrant and blackberry and spiced apple crumble ice cream.

CHEESE
A selection of fine New Zealand cheese
(Disappointing here - only two cheeses available)

BEVERAGES
Freshly brewed or decaffeinated Gravity coffee, tea, herbal tea and hot chocolate.

Light Meal

STARTER
Fresh fruit salad of melon, kiwifruit and tropical papaya.

REFRESHMENT
Smoked chicken and cranberry wrap with rocket and brie, served with potato, cranberry and horopito salad
(I had this - again very good, but just too small.)

Toasted salmon, basil pesto and tomato baguette with fennel, salted capers and capsicum and piri piri sauce.

DESSERT
Freshly baked blueberry friand and orange syrup tea cakes.

Beverages
Freshly brewed or decaffeinated Gravity coffee, tea, herbal tea and hot chocolate.

All in all a good flight - I do like the old C seats, although the 763 was noticably narrower than the 744. Managed to get some sleep; the food was good - albeit small. 14 out of 24 seats (and a very full load in the back) were full. The crew were very good -- kept me plied with the 42 Below cocktails the entire flight much to their amusement, and the ISD was coming around discussing the new C with each passenger. I did mention the food was too small to the ISD, and have emailed flightcomment.

The only negative (and really barely so.. just kinda odd I guess) was the fact that they allowed two late teen children of a couple in C to sit in C for landing. Ostensibly so the family could go through customs together, but the kids were through customs far before the parents were.... otherwise a good flight, and I'm hoping my upgrade clears for the return on 04/03.
I did a number of AKL - PER J flights last year, and they were all great.

Did one PER - AKL return, but no chance of sleeping for me with the J seats.

Yet to try the new premium business class, and hope to do in the next month or two to SFO