FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RANT: Flight delayed for connecting pax
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:48 am
JHattery

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Angry RANT: Flight delayed for connecting pax

Why does my departing flight get held for other "late arriving passengers," but the same courtesy is never extended to me. And who do I gripe to about it?

Saturday, 2/18, connecting from FRA in ATL to CLE. Flight is on time, which is great since I've had a 4 hour layover, and am tired/jetlagged. Get to gate, flatscreen says flight is being delayed to accomodate late connecting pax. It was a group of 25 vacationing pax returning from somewhere.

My beef is that DL has never done this for me, even when it is the last flight of the day or even if it is international. I have been stranded and had to pay my own hotel to take a flight out first thing the next morning. The worst was when I was connecting to a flight to FRA in ATL, arriving in ATL on one of those godawful ATRs. We landed in plenty of time but couldn't deplane because ASA misplaced the tailstand. Knowing I was at ATL to take the day's only flight to FRA, did they hold a few measly minutes for me? NO. I lost a whole business day and had to reschedule two days of appointments.

There's no consistency. Why help "them" but never me.