FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA schedule change
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 06, 10:22 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
AA Conditions of Carriage is the defining document with regard to what they are held to. The only thing I could find with regard to schedule changes is below:

RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCHEDULES AND OPERATIONS

American will endeavor to carry you and your baggage with reasonable dispatch, but times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. American may, without notice, substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and, if necessary, may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket. Schedules are subject to change without notice. American is not responsible for or liable for failure to make connections, or to operate any flight according to schedule, or for a change to the schedule of any flight. Under no circumstances shall American be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages arising from the foregoing.
With regard to answering your specific question, I do not believe there are any written specific rules with regard to change fees when AA makes schedule changes. Obviously they do not charge you a fee when they make the change. I assume what you are asking is that if, after they make a change, you want to change your flights to another itinerary would they charge you a fee. From my experience they are usually pretty accommodating in this regard if the change is substantial and as long as the other itinerary is in or near the same time frame. If you wanted to change to the evening before or the following morning then that would probably result in a change fee as you are changing the date of travel. It all depends on the extent of the change. Since you have not provided any specifics with regard to your circumstances it is difficult for us to give you any advice. Then again, perhaps you didn't provide details because you already knew your request was unreasonable and the answer you would receive from us was not the answer you wanted to hear. In my experience, I have found AA to be very accommodating when schedules change. If your request is reasonable, then perhaps you should try the FT mantra and call back and speak with someone else.