FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 19, 2006, 6:47 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Globehopper
It seems most of the recent posts are from Diamond level members.

Alas, I'm dropping down from Diamond to Plat for a forthcoming stay after February. Just wondering how Plat treatment is? It seems from reading reviews there are two Churchills-- the non club rooms which sound like non renovated rooms, and the better maintained club level rooms.

Insights for Plat treatment (i.e. room type, upgrades if any, RC access) appreciated.

TIA.
I am afraid I can not advise you fully here. You may want to contact the hotel for further clarification
What I can say is no rooms are currently renovated to my understanding. So I don't think that it matters.
And they are all in need of some updating. None the less they are all well maintained.I had a suite and a nice guest room.
Fully comfortable with superior beds to the Grand Bed that Hyatt has invested heavily in.
I am concerned when they renovate they will take away the nice beds.
My one bit of advice pay for Regency Club access.
If I were not a Diamond this is one hotel where the cost would be justified by the excellence of the Regency Club team and its dedicated service and value provided.
IMO it is difficult to have a bad stay here.
Let us assume you only use the lobby dining and lounging facilities and don't purchase access to the Regency Club. It will still be an excellent experience
with another first class team on the ground floor.
Enjoy your stay ^