FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best C Class Option DFW-GVA
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:51 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Have you seen that area in use? On the last 3 times I flew IB BusinessPlus, that area was completely unstocked-- no booze, no snacks. No biggie, but I see you mention it a lot here, I'm curious if they ever actually use it as intended.
I think it depends on the cabin crews. As I said before, Iberia is very inconsistent. On one of my flights, the area was unstocked, so I contacted the Purser and he seemed incredibly embarrassed at this. I later heard him reprehending the J cabin crew for not having stocked the bar area at all. After that, the cabin crew kept checking on passengers and asking if they wanted any snacks. Of course, they should have been doing that in the first place without the Purser having to intervene.

Bottom line, Iberia has some of the nicest and some of the most unprofessional cabin crews you will ever meet. In general, the Pursers are very approachable and willing to help. I'm pretty certain that Iberia caters all long-haul flights with plenty of snacks, but ultimately, it is the cabin crew's responsibility to make these items available. Apparently, the new uniforms give them a "I'm a model, not a server" feel. It's a miracle how Iberia is far more profitable than significantly better European airlines.

Last edited by fly747first; Feb 19, 2006 at 4:57 pm