FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Endelig Fredag -- Thank God its Friday
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2006, 4:54 pm
larsll

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Endelig Fredag -- Thank God its Friday

Another Friday another commute home (wherever that is -- a reasonably relative term). It was quite a nice ride home in the end, no flying in winter Norway without excitement. So here is obervations on a Friday:
  • First things first. The Scandinavian Lounge was out of gin!!! According to lounge staff this was due to the reseller being out of stock. Of gin? All sorts of it? And wait a second, isn't the store downstairs the biggest tax-free store in the country?! Tommy777, you need to get on the horn to Stockholm immediately (norw: sporenstreks)!
  • Step back in time; the check-in machines are funny -- atleast when you are flying LH. You can change your pre-assigned seat, but it will totally disregard your new choice and print a BP with the old one! (Luckily the pre-assignment algorithm for LH has been fixed and they now give *G seats just behind business class, and no longer as far back in the bus as they can.)
  • Boarding. SGS seems to fancy the group-wise boarding methodology. Over the last few weeks they have managed to add to their "lets board the back first"-message a clause about C-pax and *G being allowed to board at their leisure. ^
  • Snow. What was a 10 minute delayed arrival was a 45 minute delayed departure. Will I get home tonight?
  • Fancy planes. For the second time I have spotted an AY Embraer-190(?) at OSL...
  • Late arrivals. Somewhere over Germany I figured out that I would surely miss my FRA-NCE flight. Now how pleased were I to find out that not only did I have straight-through check-in of my bag, but also straight-through crew?? So upon landing, some 40 minutes late, I went to the lounge to get my gin (yes, they do have it in the Senator lounges) while waiting for the crew to empty the first 737, change gates and prepare for boarding!
  • Luggage. It made it! ^
Now it is late. Time to sleep.

PS: I read in VG in the lounge that SAS will paint one of their (soon to arrive?!) A319s in legacy SAS livery to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the airline.

Last edited by larsll; Feb 17, 2006 at 5:01 pm Reason: Added PS.