FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Medallion Seating and Boarding on Song
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:46 am
res1968

Programs: UA Plat, DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I am finally taking the plunge and am flying Song for the first time from FLL to JFK. I was told by SMS that Medallions now board before other people. Is this truly the case? I know that Medallions previously were not given priority boarding but heard the rumor that it was going to change.

It is interesting to note that on many flights that I checked between FLL and LGA as well as FLL and BOS that row 9 was available but few seats in the front of the aircraft. I would have thought that Row 9 would be one of the first to go due to the great leg room. Could someone explain to me why that does not seem to be the case.

What do you consider to be prime seats on a Song aircraft?
I just flew Song yesterday and Medallion members still do not get priority boarding. I am PM and was in Zone 6. As for the best seats, my preference on Song are 10A or 10F; the other seats in this row do not have any extra leg room. The exit row seats, rows 16 and 17, are my second choice. These can only be reserved at the gate on Song. Row 9 have a ton of legroom, but really no window and you are last to board the aircraft. Luckily, the flight attendants are quite good about saving overhead space for passengers in Row 9 since they are last to board.