FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TACA standby on award tickets
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2006, 9:45 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
I dont have the answer to your question, However when I was leaving UIO in 12/05 with afriend we were in Biz on free GP tkts. We werent allowed into the Club and when the person in the Club called down stairs I was told that I was on an Upgrade and Upgraded setas arent allowed into the Club. I tried to expalin that D didnt ONLY mean an Upgrade from Coach but also a Free Biz tkt. I got no where with them.
At UIO check-in last December, we were similarly told that lounge access was not available for upgraded tickets. However, when we insisted that we were on full miles award rather than upgraded tickets, she consulted her colleague and eventually gave us invitations for the lounge. You are probably better off trying to sort it out and get invitations at check-in, where it will be easier for the agent to see that your ticket is a full-blown award rather than an upgrade, rather than walk up to the lounge and hope to get it sorted there. Similarly, at LIM, the lounge agent originally denied us entry on the ground that upgraded tickets were not eligible but let us in when we insisted that these were not upgrades but business award tickets.