FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: occupation of BA FTers
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2006, 3:07 am
PhilH

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
If you want a job that involves a lot of travel then you could try internal audit. Utterly boring and depressing job I'm afraid, but if you work for a multi-national company then travel can be good. This is how I got into the business travel thing. Also, IT guys seem to get good amounts of travel in my company (although they're mostly quite senior). That's the trouble, it's usually seniority that gets you the best travel, but by the time you're senior enough to travel frequently in business class, you rarely get any time to enjoy it.

And business travel is much over-hyped - certainly it's not all it's cracked up to be. I had the worst business trip ever at the end of last week, LHR-MUC-LHR, 1.5 hours late outbound, 3.5 hours late inbound. I'm just bored of getting on short-haul business trips now. Bored, bored, bored. Much better/nicer to maximise the use of your holidays and travel for leisure. ^

To add to the confessional, I'm a Chartered Accountant by the way, possibly an occupation with the worst reputation for dullness (not in my case of course ) that ever existed!