FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why doesnt CO do away with EUA? They dont do it any way
Old Feb 6, 2006, 6:27 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by vincom
I am runing like 60%+ on EUAs and I don't overly plan for my flights, I buy them based on my need. The rest of the time I buy upfront. I must say that 60% has saved me quite a bit of money. EUAs can happen - stop your whining.

-Vincent
I aint Whinning!!

I also wrote I understood that CO would rather sell a seat then give it away as an UP. its just beyond my comprehension when a flight is 9/9/9 which means at least 9 seats maybe more are available and that CO still wont do any UPs until the day of, cause they are hoping somehow to sell them, that I shouldnt be getting any info telling me that as a Plat I will/can be UPed 5 days out.

Id be the 1st to say, If I or anyone else Needs or Wants to be in 1st Class, then they should SIMPLY buy that Class. Yet at the same time , CO shouldnt be tooting its Horn about Upgrading Plats 5 days out, when in my Jan flights only 2 were EUAed 5 days out the rest were all day ofs, even with 1/2 empty cabins, and I got 1 battlefield.

I prefer what someone wrote in another thread let CO notify us of which flights or Cities wont be EUAed, they already know this info so share it with us , or at least stop mentioning about EUAing Elites.

My flights tommoroow and Weds are still 9/9/9 and Im sure sometime tommorrow morn Ill get the UP ( I hope), then again Weds morn the samething, although maybe not as its a very early morn flight/s.

BTW, I forgot to mention even if it happens at the 5 day out mark, that doesnt mean that I will be EUAed. As it depends on the # of Plats already who might have purchased their tkts before I did mine. That wouldnt bother me, if in fact CO did EUA at the 5 Day mark and my luck either my fare basis was much lower then the others or there was already a long list of Other Plats for the EUA.

Last edited by craz; Feb 6, 2006 at 7:11 pm