FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $99 Companion Questions - Prestige Pack
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:52 am
Fly2005

Programs: Continental Silver Elite, *wood Gold, HHonors Gold, WN
Another thing to be wary of if you have non-electronic privilege pack certificates (related to your second question) -- make sure that you ask them to waive the call center fee when you hold the reservation online. I asked specifically when I booked the discounted fare, and assumed they would do the same when I booked the companion fare. At the ticket office (I work in downtown Houston so I just brought it in instead of mailing it), I had to get on the phone with a CSR to get the fee waived. She made a big deal out of the fact that they would do so "as a one time courtesy" because I was elite -- all because Continental's system wasn't equipped to permit me to book it online! I was not pleased, but got what I needed so thanked her and finished the booking. If you've got old certs, start the booking online, call and have them hold it while you mail in the cert (or go to a ticket office), and make SURE that they agree to waive the $10 ticketing fee. I don't have a problem with charging fees for something that could have been done online, but if they can't let you do it yourself online, you shouldn't have to pay!