FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - unscheduled change of plane in IAH - Do I get the extra miles?
Old Feb 4, 2006, 11:04 pm
salex

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
unscheduled change of plane in IAH - Do I get the extra miles?

I was on CO 427 on 2/4. It was scheduled for SAN-EWR. Above Santa Fe, we did an S turn that I wasn't expecting. A bit later, the pilot came on and said we had a situation. I missed a bit of the announcement, but either a heater in the elevator or a sensor checking a temperature in the elevator had failed. Since there was a chance of icing while descending into EWR, they decided to let us see scenic IAH. (We also had the excitement of an aborted approach into IAH followed by an announcement that we needed to spend 15-20 minutes flying around over Houston burning fuel to get down to our maximum landing weight.) At IAH, we all moved over to another plane, and finished our trip. (There were however a bunch of groans and comments when the FA made the announcement about how we were on a non-stop flight to EWR (as part of the spiel about making sure you're on the right plane).)

My question is, should I expect or request the extra miles for a SAN-IAH-EWR flight instead of a SAN-EWR flight? It looks like it'd be about 300 EQMs, so it's not major, but I'm curious.

(In case the rumors are true and CO is correlating posts with passengers, I was in seat 4A and was disappointed that the FA had no record of my request for a low cholesterol meal. Also, my steak was overcooked. (When fate determines I'm to have the wrong meal, I try to enjoy it.))