FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fly is Cheap: Low-Cost Adventures in Indonesia
Old Feb 4, 2006, 3:58 pm
GibSpmuh

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jpatokal
The website doesn't offer online booking (it's been "Coming Soon" for half a year now), in fact it can't even offer accurate schedules, and Singapore's Adam Air office first refused to answer any calls. When I finally got through, they did condescend to make a booking -- but I would have to show up at the office, in person and within 24 hours, to pay for it. Cash only, no credit cards, and of course the office is only open 9-5 weekdays, 9-12 Saturday, closed Sundays and public holidays. But against the odds I did manage to nip in on a Saturday, interrupting the beauty sleep of a genuinely astonished ticketing agent, who then painstakingly wrote out both my ticket and receipt entirely by hand, and at S$177 return (taxes included) the cost came out to under half of what SQ charges.
Well I'm glad to see you had the persistance to finalise a booking with Adam Air - I had been interested in booking with them on the SIN-CGK leg before, and it really seemed like they didn't want to take your money. Valuair's remained my choice as well - lets hope JetstarAsia doesn't butcher Valuair's legroom down to what they have on the rest of their fleet!