FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:55 am
subdawg

IMO, the RC is very child-friendly...many kids all the time. There may be restrictions after a certain time, but since I don't have kids, never paid attention. The resort fee includes the basic items, including, local & 800 calls, use of facilities/towels/activites (see below), etc. I can't remember anything out of the ordinary.

I never heard of any problems with the pool area...as a rule of thumb for any resort, I wouldn't bring anything too valuable to the pool and leave it lying around all day. Usually you can conceal a camera for instance, just make sure you check it every so often.

Sorry, can't comment on the kids club or equestrian center. However, there are many recreational activities there, such as windsurfing, paddle boating, hydro-biking, 9-hole golf, biking, quadricycling (don't know if that's a word), etc.

Originally Posted by Gatwickba
Hi there. I have booked for me and my family to stay in the Grand Cypress in Orlando at the end of May, we have stayed here for the odd night before when we have done the Disney Christmas party and travelled over from Tampa, but this year we decided to go all out and book the Regency Club for 2 weeks.

We know a little about the hotel, but would like some advice from anyone who has stayed here regularly.....

Is the Regency Club child friendly (unlike some of the posters on the BA Forum!)
What is included in the resort fee?
How good is the Kids Club?
Has anyone used the Equestrian centre?

Is the pool area secure? - read on another site about people coming in to use the facilities and being able to access the pool area, possible theft of sunglasses, cameras etc?

Any info would be greatly received, like I say we have stayed here for 1 night on 2 occasions so would really like to make the most of the trip......especially combined with Club World on British Airways!!!

Roll on May!!!