FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm a VERY frequent flyer. Should I switch from UA to LH Miles and More?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:42 am
flysurfer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by inhiyu66
What do you think is the reason why M&M offers more incentives for those having U.S. postal addresses than say German ones ?
I don't know and I could not care less. I may guess that the reason may be to be more competitive with U.S. based programs on the redemption part. Which they are because of the voucher. And that's exactly why it makes sense to use both programs.

I'm only interested in facts, not in philosophical assumptions about an airline's reasoning behind specific marketing decisions. And it's a fact that award flights booked with M&M can be cheaper mileage-wise than the same flights booked with MP because of the voucher and the companion award option. So far, I haven't used A SINGLE MILE from my M&M account w/o applying either the voucher or a companion award. For other awards, I use my MP miles. That's why I have both programs. I simply make the best out of both programs.