FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Muscat - Crowne Plaza or Inter-Continental?
Old Jan 20, 2006, 2:50 am
Kate_Canuck
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Muscat - Crowne Plaza or Inter-Continental?

I'm looking for a hotel for our last night (and very long day) in Muscat in April. Our flight doesn't leave until midnight, so we'd like to stay somewhere with a pool, a decent place to relax, maybe a view, etc. We might be doing some last minute running around before returning to the hotel to relax in the late afternoon. (or maybe Mr. Canuck will be visiting the souk one last time while I hang out by the pool). We can't afford the top-end hotels on this trip, but these two seem to be within our budget. The Inter-Continental has a "luxury escape" rate (83 rials) that includes breakfast and 4 pm check-out, but there's a one night's rate penalty for cancellation. It also has a cancellable club room rate of 108 rials. It also seems close to the airport (good for leaving, not so good for errand-running during the day?). The Crowne Plaza seems to be closer to the water and to other attractions. It has a club room rate of 98 rials, but I'm not sure what kind of advantages this would offer. Has anyone stayed at either or both?