FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - im an idiot/FFN
Thread: im an idiot/FFN
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2006, 8:59 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by dtwjim
So I stayed at the maui and kauai properties back in October. The front desk at the Maui property told me I would earn 5 free nights because I was staying 11 nights between the two properties. Foolishy I believed them (since i don't know much about hyatts programs), in reality I only have 1 free night from the two stays and its expired. The passport rep offered to extend it until the end of Feb for me.
Sorry to hear about the confusion.
It is my suggestion that any time the front desk tells you anything of a promotional nature to run it by the good folks out in Omaha at Gold Passport customer service.
By all means get a second opionion for clarification.In programs that I have less trust in I get them to document the statements.
It saves an awful lot of frustration in the end ^
Gold Pasport has the best training and the most up to date information directly from corporate.
Not that mistakes haven't been made in call centers before
The consistency from Gold Passport ranks up there from my experience.
FYI The other obvious source of solid information is from the community here on FT.
I have to say we have some brilliant folks on these boards and many who are seasoned regulars.
I learn regularly and though the industry is loathe to admit it at times many of those folks from every airline and hotel company are right here with us lurking and learning too
Cheers