FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Angkor, Cambodia [Closed for Renovations]
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:39 pm
StarpointsSlave

The Water Now Runs Clear

TiteG4, you will be pleased to know that the tap water now runs clear and is odorless. This was not true at Hotel de La Paix, where I spent my first night in Siem Reap (LeMeridien was sold out for New Year's Eve). Apparently there is quite a quantity of iron in Siem Reap's water, which causes severe discoloration of the water. Hotel de la Paix is in the process of getting a new water system to combat the problem; LeMeridien must have installed a new system after your stay.

If I was disappointed by the architecture of LeMeridien, perhaps it was because I was comparing it to La Paix, which is one of the most architecturally distinctive and stylish hotels I've ever stayed in inside and out (although I will admit it tries a little too hard to be a temple, literally, of high design).

Except for the breakfast wait staff, I found the staff at LeMeridien generally helpful. The concierge staff was the most helpful (or had the best command of English).