FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dm=cry Babies?
Thread: Dm=cry Babies?
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2006, 1:43 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by AggieNzona
Enough already! People they haven't changed hardly anything yet and you cry like there is no tomorrow! How in the heck did you survive the last 4 years with bad service and 2 BKs? This airline will be a better airline than it was before. Just look at what AWA did over the last 4 years the changes have been remarkable! You will like better operating performance, you will like friendlier employees, you will like lower and more reasonable fares but give it a chance! Most of the stuff you are complaining about (poorer FC product for example) was all done pre-AWA! They have to merge the product first (at least 2 years), then the will be very responsive and more aggressive to the "little" things like plastic cups and snack baskets.
This management team has been very impressive and responsive to both customers and employees. They turned AWA from just as awful as US in PHL to a big success story all during the most unprecedented crisis in the history of the industry. Give it two years than you can ....., but I doubt you will! ^

I strongly suggest that you do not create more threads on things that you obviously don't understand. As far as we all know, the future of most US airlines at this point is uncertain. Perhaps you should take a quick First Class trip to the West Coast on UA, CO, or even AA and you will then understand why no one in the right mind will pay to fly First Class on US Airways, which is usually more expensive than the other carriers and offers no real F amenities.

I take it you do not have any type of elite status because if you did you would appreciate your miles more. After all, frequent flyer miles can literally save anyone thousands and thousands of dollars, e.g. First Class trip to Australia using US Airways DM with Qantas is only 135,000 miles compared to over $15,000 USD. Also consider that many of us have to fly US Airways a lot, so we are very sick of its lack of services in F. You say that we will like "friendlier employees," do you even know what the merger did at all? Basically, we are stuck with the former, old, disinterested flight attendants that US Airways had (I can't blame them I guess, they have been through so many changes already) and the HP employees that you consider to be younger and friendlier, in terms of seniority, are now at the bottom of the list since US Airways is older than America West.

I rather be a cry baby than an ignorant, self-absorbed person.

Last edited by fly747first; Jan 7, 2006 at 1:46 pm