FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Atlanta Weather Alerts, Warnings and Advisories: The Definitive Thread
Old Jun 22, 2001, 9:52 pm
Robert Leach
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
10kster,

I was in your ATL mess Friday afternoon. Booked on DL 480 for BWI, sked departure 3:45 p.m. Pushed back from the gate around 4:45 p.m. or so, then sat on the ramp down behind Terminal E for about 2 hours, after which the flight cancelled because apparently nothing was going into BWI.

I can certainly understand the weather problems.

The only really irritating thing about the entire encounter is that the baggage service office flat-out refused to reclaim my checked bag. They said they were simply overwhelmed, and they weren't reclaiming any bags tonight.

I rebooked to fly ATL-LGA on Saturday, and the baggage folks assured me that the bag tag would be overridden in the computer and that sometime during the night the tag would be scanned, at which time it would show that I was going to LGA and not BWI on Saturday, and that a new tag would be put on the bag and it sent on its merry way with me.

Is this true? Should I go out to the airport Saturday morning and try to retrieve it again, or should I trust what I was told -- that the tag would be scanned and consequently a new LGA tag will be attached??? I really need that bag in NYC for Saturday.